ABBI BREEDER’S CERTIFICATE PROGRAM RULES AND REGULATIONS
The following Rules and Regulations must be followed in order to enroll in the ABBI Breeder’s Certificate Program. Any member in good standing may direct questions regarding the Rules and Regulations to ABBI’s General Manager. This language has been updated, as we are in the second year of the program.
The following Rules and Regulations must be followed in order to enroll in the ABBI Breeder’s Certificate Program. Any member in good standing may direct questions regarding the Rules and Regulations to ABBI’s General Manager.
I. Sire Qualifications for Enrollment
1. Eligibility for enrollment requires:
Preference No. 1: No artificial insemination of semen and no natural stud service have occurred to outside-of-herd dams prior to the enrollment year,
Preference No. 2, (Grandfather clause): Any artificial insemination of semen and/or natural stud service to outside-of-herd dams will be limited to the breeding season 2 years prior to the enrollment year. The resulting offspring cannot be more than 1 year of age at time of sire enrollment. This preference will end after 2011.
2. Any outside-of-herd dams bred to an enrolled sire in previous 2 years prior to enrollment must be identified, in writing to ABBI, and signed by the sire owner(s) and outside-of-herd dam owner(s).
3. If, at time of enrollment of the sire, outside-of-herd offspring are 2 years of age or older resulting from service (A.I. or Natural) of the enrolled sire to outside-of-herd dams, the enrolled sire and offspring will be ineligible for any Breeders Certificate incentive awards resulting from the offspring’s performance.
4. Offspring no more than 1 year of age at time of sire enrollment will qualify the sire for Breeders Certificate incentive awards.
5. Sires with cloned copies are not eligible for enrollment.
6. Cloned copies of original sires are not eligible for enrollment.
7. A current listing of all enrolled sires will be found on the ABBI web site.
1. Transfer of ownership and/or registration of a non-enrolled sire require a statement acknowledging neither the artificial insemination of semen nor stud services have occurred, as outlined above, that would make a sire ineligible for the transferee to enroll the sire in the ABBI Breeder’s Certificate Program.
2. During the transfer process ABBI must be notified, in writing, of any retained rights regarding this program.
3. Any owner of an enrolled sire may, for a fee, have ABBI process the transfer, acting as an agent for the enrolled sire owner(s), and issue an ABBI Breeder’s Certificate Voucher.
4. ABBI will not participate and will not play any role in the determination of the price of an ABBI Breeder’s Certificate.
5. A fee of $25.00, to be paid by the owner(s) of the enrolled sire, will be required to process the transfer of an ABBI Breeder’s Certificate.
III. Enrollment Fees
A. Sire enrollment options:
1. Lifetime Breeder’s Certificate - $1,250.00
IV. Requirements for the Registration of Offspring
1. An ABBI Breeder’s Certificate Voucher is required for all offspring resulting from artificial insemination or stud service of a non-owned enrolled sire.
2. An ABBI Breeder’s Certificate Voucher is not required if the breeder owns the sire and bred dam.
3. An ABBI Breeder’s Certificate Voucher is not required for offspring from a non-enrolled sire.
1. Only a member in good standing may submit an application for a Breeder’s Certificate which must be fully completed upon submission.
2. In the case of joint ownership only one Certificate will be issued to the designated co-owner.
3. Sire owner provides ABBI with a list of Dams including the owner and total number of head serviced and duration of exposure to the sire.
4. Sire owner agrees to provide a Breeders Certificate to Dam owners for the number of offspring to be registered.
5. In the event any misrepresentation is discovered, at any time, in the application for a Breeder’s Certificate, the Breeder’s Certificate shall be null and void, no refund of fees shall be made and the holder of the Breeder’s Certificate shall be subject to such further action as the Board of Directors shall impose.
6. All fees stated above are subject to change.
7. Any disputes arising under the ABBI Breeder’s Certificate Program shall be exclusively resolved by arbitration.
8. The owner of a sire no longer entitled to enrollment shall promptly surrender the Certificate to ABBI for cancellation.
9. These Rules and Regulations are subject to change by
the ABBI Board of Directors.